Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Childhood Movies


As I was doing my favorite chore of laundry (can you feel the sarcasm) I found myself humming Julie Andrew songs, day dreaming about soothing babe in his/her nursery, and all those things from my childhood that I want to expose the babe too.  I immediately thought of Mary Poppins.  She was my idol as a child. How could you not love a nanny that sings, make inanimate objects dance for you, and transports you into chalk drawings? And it got me thinking about all those movies that are connected to our childhoods. You know the ones you coud still watch over and over and they never get old?

.

Beetle Juice is a close second and it probably the one I watch the most now that I am an adult. I was even Ms. Argentina, a really obscure character, for Halloween a couple of years ago. It is probably the movie I quote the most.


The original 1971 Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory. Not that I don't love the new one but the creep factory was already high enough in the first one and in my oppinion went way overboard in the new one.

Click To Vote For Us @ Top Baby Blogs Directory!

No comments:

Post a Comment