Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Mental Health Tuesday

spring

new shoes

Today has been really nice so far.  I took a mental health day for sanity purposes.  My first year of teaching my mentor teacher, who was also my high school teacher who told me every day I needed to be an art teacher, sat down with me and my plan book and we would find days when all my classes were working on projects and he would make me take that day off to do whatever I wanted.  I've stuck to that in my 5 years of teaching.  Its the philosophy of how are you supposed to take care of everyone else if you don't take care of yourself?  Bradley and I were woken up at 8:30 by one of the cats and spent an hour watching the today show and then headed out to breakfast.  After that we went to DSW and Super Target to look for shoes and ended up with a pair of cute wedges and a set of new pillows.  Bradley just made his way to work and I have the afternoon to myself and a yoga class later this evening.  I think today is just what I needed!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment