Sunday, February 6, 2011

Where Is My Money, Ed?


Superbowl Sunday reminds me a lot of being a kid for some reason.  Every year I would sit down with my parents and a ridiculous amount of food to watch the game.  Now I never have really been interested in sports so like most people it was mostly about watching the commercials however in my little kid mind the bigger anticipation was all about right after the game when Ed McMahon would deliver the Publisher's Clearing House check to some unsuspecting soul and save them from ever having to work again.  That is what Super Bowl Sunday was all about to me.  I would wait patiently knowing that the Prize Patrol Van was waiting down the street to surprise me and my rather comfy middle-class family with an oversized check and balloons.  And every year I was thoroughly dissapointed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment