Monday, February 14, 2011

Where did your filter go?

Happy Valentine's!  During my first period Drawing class today I asked the kids how they were doing and wished them a happy v day.  One of my cowboy kids in the back said "I think this holiday is a bunch of bullshit".  I just stared at him stunned and although not everyone would say that out loud I know some people feel that way about it... (I had a discussion with said student about filtering the things that come out of your mouth especially to your teacher).  I actually kind of like this holiday even though Bradley and I don't celebrate it.  It is super cute and sweet.  Bradley and I have always made a point of celebrating our relationship throughout the year so buying flowers when they are the most expensive and going out to dinner when everyone else in town is as well just isn't our cup of tea.  However I do think it is always a great time to tell the people in your life how much you appreciate them...yourself included.

No comments:

Post a Comment