Friday, October 19, 2012

Pregnancy: Week 37

Untitled


Things seem to be progressing this week.  I have had a lot of "warm up" contractions and cramping going on.  So I guess it didn't surprise me yesterday when the doctor said that I was 1 cm dilated and 50  effaced. Little lady is currently head down and will most likely stay there.  I can't imagine she would turn since there is hardly any room left.  I can feel a lot more of her smaller movements now.  She is still  a rather mellow baby but she dislikes it when I rest my right arm on my belly and will immediate kick it off.  She also seems to be using my bladder as her personal punching bag.  It resulted in me peeing my pants one day...yes I just said that.  At least I was at home and thought it was funny. I had a feeling that was going to happen before the end of this pregnancy.  She also loves the sound of her dad's voice and usually wakes up or starts moving when he talks to her.
My body has pretty much had it with being pregnant.  I am so exhausted anymore.  I plan 1 to 2 things to do a day, like run an errand and clean the kitchen, and I am wiped out.  I can only imagine what a mess I would be if I was still working.  My new favorite symptoms are what I call "lightening crotch" where it feels like a quick and intense pain down yonder.  I also have some awesome swelling going on in my arms.  Sleeping is becoming impossible due to my arms falling asleep no matter what position I am in. They hurt during the day too but get better as the day goes on. My right hand is rather useless with fine details. This symptom has me a little freaked out but apparently it is normal for you body to start retaining fluid for the birthing process.  The doctor said your body will retain up to a liter of fluid in your extremities. A litter! I have a feeling that once I give birth it is going to be the fastest amount of weight I have ever lost between the baby and the excess fluid.
So far I have gained 50 lbs...ya.  Nothing I can do about it now. I haven't been perfect in my eating but I also haven't been terrible.  However the thought of getting back to exercising and not having to get up at 11pm for a snack has me excited.  I am thinking that I am going to have about 70 lbs to loose after this pregnancy since I would like to get down about 20 lbs from my pre-pregnancy weight. Hopefully breastfeeding will help with this.


Click To Vote For Us @ Top Baby Blogs Directory!

No comments:

Post a Comment