Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Pregnancy Week 24 and Week 25

It's the end of July! Really! The end of July! Holy crap.  What happened? Yesterday as I was riding back from Denver with my parents I was lamenting the end of my summer. There is only 2 1/2 weeks left till I have to go back to work.  So sad! That was quick. 

Untitled
I guess I should pick up with saying I am officially uncomfortable 80% of the day. It is just really hard to get this body into a comfortable position. I usually end up in some sort of half sitting half reclining pose. I am still at 3 gigantic pillows when I sleep but my habit of sleeping on my back (which is a pregnancy no no) seems to be subconsciously engrained and I will wake up on my back multiple times a night and have to flip over to my side. I am also feeling gigantor. I had my first official melt down over how big I have gotten last Thursday. I think it was a combination of things. We had gone to the doctor and that morning and after I stepped on the scale I realized that at 25 weeks of being pregnant I have gained 28 lbs. Yup and holy sh*t. The doctor didn't mention it but it was a little terrifying for me who is someone that has constantly had to watch my weight since a young age. I will have to say that my insane appetite has calmed down a little and I have been able to go to bed without eating another plate of whatever we had for dinner. That same night I put a pair of pajama pants on that were too big to start with and literally lost it when I sat down and the fabric was tight on my thighs. It is not like my thighs are pregnant, people! Oh well, I will get over it. I just need to remember that I am also swelling (sexy, no?) and there is a human inside of me that requires more blood and fluid. On the more positive side I have been feeling little lady move around a lot more. Sometimes I can even poke my belly and she will kick/punch back. That is one of the most gratifying parts of being pregnant. Some days she is more active than others and of course that freaks me out. I always thought being pregnant would be the easy part but I find myself worrying at times that something bad is going to happen to her while she is incubating. I suppose I should just get used to this. I can't imagine it gets a whole lot easier once they come out. I just need to keep remembering that the universe won't give me anything more than I can handle good or bad.



Click To Vote For Us @ Top Baby Blogs Directory!

No comments:

Post a Comment