Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Field Trips: Zen and Sunburns

Untitled

I love going on field trips when I was a kid. The excitement of getting out of school, seeing something new, riding the bus and giggling with friends.  Now I love taking the kids on field trips and watching them experince the things that I loved with them.  One thing I didn't realize when I was a kid was all the planning and organization that goes into it...as well as almost everything else teachers do!  I take my advanced kids to the art museum a few times a year but I also love to help out with other teacher's and classes field trips. I was excited to join a group of seniors for a 45 minute drive up the mountain to the local Buddhist Shambhala Mountain Center which I have sadly never been too. I was so happy to get out of the school for a day and into the fresh air plus who couldn't use a little bit of tranquility in their life? We (as in the students did and I made it about 1/4 of the way) took a few hikes which were a little too steep for me.  I tried but pregnancy and asthma demanded that it wasn't happening. The kids learned about the180' volunteer made Stupa, visted a Shinto shrine, and did some breathing and meditation exercies.  It was exactly what I have been needing.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

I did have to relearn, like I do every year, that sunscreen is your friend!

Untitled

Click To Vote For Us @ Top Baby Blogs Directory!

No comments:

Post a Comment