Saturday, March 31, 2012

Reverse Graffiti

Holy crap. Tomorrow is April. WTF? How did that happen? The last few weeks have included a sinus infection (I know. I have them all the time.), standardized tests and gearing up for the crazy spring art show season at work, an early spring has made it's appearance in Colorado and trees are budding out and the forsythia's and dafodils are blooming, and some new household projects started.  I have a month left of my graduate classes for this semester.  These past few weeks I have really been enjoying my contemporary art class.  At first I was a little unsure espeically when we were looking at upside down tanks that some rando was calling art but over time it has really changed my perception of current art.  This week we are discussing street art.  My inner Martha Stewart does a little freak out when I see street art.  I like things clean and tidy.  I totally appreciate it but it really contradicts my desire to live in a clean and controlled environment. However I was totally draw to the Reverse Graffiti.  Street Artist Moose makes wooden stencils, places them against a dirty wall and then pressure washed the wall leaving the shapes of the stencil.  What and awesome impact! People probably didn't even notice how dirty the wall was to begin with.






No comments:

Post a Comment