Sunday, January 2, 2011

Biscuits and Gravy

Back to work tomorrow and luckily no jury duty.  It is a weight off my shoulders.  I actually wouldn't mind doing it but it just falls at a terrible time.   The past week of my break has been super relaxing and reflective.  I always say one of the nice parts of being a teacher is the time off.  It really is amazing and I am looking forward to when we have kids and having the summers and breaks off to spend time with them.  I did some baking the last few days and thought I would share with you my favorite weekend breakfast.

Easy Biscuits and Gravy

breakfast

Ingredients
1 cup Milk
2 tbs Wondra or any Gravy Mix
Breakfast Sausage (I don't eat beef or pork so I substitute this out with Jenny O Turkey Breakfast Sausage)
Salt and Pepper
Your favorite biscuits

First Off...what is Wondra?  I really don't know.  It seems to be some sort of flour cornstarch mix that will turn just about anything into gravy.   It never fails to put a smile on my face thinking it is probably circa 1964 but the stuff is amazing!!  My mother in law gave it too me and I have yet to seek it out at the grocery store however the intraweb says you can still buy it.  I highly recommend it instead of buying those little gravy packets that get lost in my pantry but that is just me.

Cook your breakfast sausage until done and bake your favorite pre-made biscuits (I use the Grands biscuits).
Make the sauce by combining milk, wondra, salt and pepper and bring to a boil.  Turn down the heat to medium-low and let it simmer to your desired thickness.
Add sausage to sauce and serve over your biscuits.

breakfast

Easy peasy and super good too.

breakfast



No comments:

Post a Comment