Monday, July 12, 2010

I fail at doing my own nails

Sephora (my heaven on earth) came out with these Chic Prints by OPI which is basically like a do it yourself version of Minx Nails.  I was giddy with delight because I have been searching for something like this and cheap ass me refuses to pay $40 for a salon to do it.
Now I am a Colorado girl through and through and we are typically very low maintenance and I admit in the summer my beauty routine consists of sunscreen, moisturizer, and chapstick and if I am going out somewhere I might put some eyeliner and mascara on.  However,  I do like having my nails done.  So when I found these gems at Sephora I jumped all over it and this is my adventure in applying them and being horribly disappointed.

Look how happy I am (this will slowly decline)
1
I chose the chrome lace print because it was the most feminine.
10
2
Start with clean, filled and buffed nails.
3
Pick the size that works best for your nail size and rub the decal so it comes off easier.
I started with my thumb.
4
I placed the decal at the base of my nail by the cuticle and wrapped the decal around to the sides. The nice part that is if I didn't perfectly center it I could pull it back off and try it again.
5
Trim the decal down to your nail. Here is where I realized that this might not work because I keep my nails so short I lost most of the pattern.
6
Commence pursing lips! I am really starting to get annoyed here.
Now the directions say to file down the decal to the nail but I found that this just moved the decal around and made bubbles. I ended up just using the scissors and trimming it to size.
7
Not really sure how I feel about them here but I figured I did one nail I might as well do the rest of the hand and then decide.
8
I look like I am out of the movie Terminator
9


So technically these were very easy to put on but aesthetically the blinding silver and loss of the pattern is just to harsh for me. I think if I did this again I would get the tiger print. My only issue with the patterns that Sephora is offering is they are all very modern and geometrical. I would like something softer, feminine, and not so freakishly silver.

No comments:

Post a Comment