Friday, October 26, 2012

Pregnancy: Week 38...still waiting

Untitled

Still no baby but the last few days I have woken up to some beautiful snow.  I was hoping that today would be the day but as of this afternoon no progress.  I am trying to stay positive and take it one day at a time. I spent a good 10 minutes bouncing on the exercise ball earlier today and I have been taking evening primrose oil to try and get things going.  A good friend of Bradley and mine is getting married tomorrow so most likely things will start then otherwise we are going to talk to the doctor about inducing during week 40 (I'm 39 tomorrow) on Monday.  Earlier this week I wasn't feeling little lady move around as much.  This happens from time to time and usually little bean is just having a quiet day or a growth spurt however this time it was making me uneasy for some reason.  The doctor had me come in for a non-stress test where they hook you up to some monitors and check the baby's heart rate. Her heart rate was fine but she still wasn't moving around a whole lot.  So the doctor decided to do an ultrasound just to be sure.  I wasn't going to complain.  It has been 18 weeks since I have seen that little baby face.  They checked her lungs, heart and movement after making me drink a bunch of gross grape juice.  Ultimately she was fine.  She was really just having a mellow day and not over reacting.  Once again...just her father.  I adore her already! Hopefully she can deal with her wackado high strung mother.

week38



Click To Vote For Us @ Top Baby Blogs Directory!

No comments:

Post a Comment