Saturday, May 28, 2011

Sweet Freedom and Summer Plans



(image via weheartit)

Yesterday was officially my first day of summer. On Thursday I finished my grading, did the last of the cleaning, checked out my stack of books for this summer and hightailed it out of there.  There has been so much going on that I hadn't really processed the end of the school year.  Usually I am so looking forward to it that it is totally jubilation on the last day.  Yesterday I wasn't really sure what to do with myself, besides getting some summer clothing shopping done, so I figured that it is better now than never to figure out summer plans and goals. The summer for me is a lot about rejuvenation and relaxing because doing the school year it is constant go go go.  I am pretty sure it was teachers that came up with summer break for themselves and not the students.  I have always really loved the summer.  You just can't beat the warm summer nights, green grass, and swimming. 

Plans
Close on our house June 1st!
Leave the next day for Illinois road trip to attend my grandfather's memorial.  He passed away this past February.  We are taking the long way back to stop at Mount Rushmore and Carhenge. 
Start getting ready to move into the new house.  Luckily we have a month overlap with our rental now so we can take our time moving in, painting, getting everything together.  Strangely I have never been so excited to move and paint. 
Lots of bike riding with my mom to the farmer's market on Saturdays.
Sunbathing at Rachel's lake in the mountains
Picnic style dinners in the grass with Bradley. 
3rd annual Ladies Las Vegas trip with Rachel, Brittany and Allison.  This usually consists of laying by the pool all day and shopping.  
From Las Vegas Bradley (who will also be there that weekend at a bachelor party) and I are driving to San Diego to hang out with Bradley's family and then go to Comic Con.
Go to Disneyland.  By myself if I have to!
2 weddings in two weekends. 
And then make our annual camping trip to Lake Macconaughy in Nebraska with a lot of our friends.  


Goals
Relax!  I know how easy it is for me to get caught up in things especially with such a busy summer.  My summer reading list and my new patio will probably help with this. 
Go to the gym or an outdoor exercise activity at least twice a week.  This sounds easy for someone not working in the summer but you would be surprised how strong the urge is to sit by the river and do nothing is. 
Paint out bedroom and main living area
Refinish kitchen cabinets
Swim swim swim.  I am a pisces. I have to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment