Friday, September 10, 2010

I think I can I think I can

So I live!  Things have been wacky lately and I am just now feeling like I am back into a pattern. 
The beginning of August we left our two month stay at my parent's house and moved into a townhouse of our own.  We were not really sure whether we wanted to buy or rent so we ultimately decided to rent a townhouse since it is less permanent than buying a house.  It was a hard decision for me since I have dreams of beautiful gardens, painting walls whatever color I want, and having my own chicken coop and beehive.  Our house isn't what we ultimately want but it is a house, we are their together and it is temporary.  Right before we moved we celebrated our 2 year anniversary by going out to dinner and eating 2 year old wedding cake.  It really wasn't as gross as it sounds.  Last year I tried to go get a small version of our wedding cake since we both only got 1 or 2 bites of it.  However the bakery was completely cleared out and was no longer in existence when I went there.  It was sad because the cake was really good!

2 year old wedding cake

2 year anniversary

A few weeks after our anniversary I started back to school.  This year should be interesting.  We are still looking at moving to Austin next fall for graduate school.  Everytime I start thinking about it I think of how nice my job is here.  I have awesome kids this year, I work at a great school and I am teaching the classes that I want to be teaching.  It is a hard decision.  I don't really know how I feel about it now.  Part of me just really wants to settle and have a baby but another part wants an adventure.  Why can't we take a baby on an adventure is always my question to Bradley.
Other than that we have been slowly unpacking and the house is for the most part together except for our office.  I got a wild hair this year and decided that I am going to make peach wine.  So far I have a 1 gallon jug in the second stage of fermentation and a 5 gallon bucket in the first stage.  I will have make a post dedicated solely to my wine making efforts.  It is a lot of work but it has also been a lot of fun.

wine supplies

peach wine

No comments:

Post a Comment