Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Happy Things




January is a rough month for me.  It is long and cold, my bills all seem higher for some reason, and I find that the only thing I look forward to is the spring which seems far far away.  With all that said I am trying to focus on the little things that make me happy.



Getting to finally dress up my cat. I have been threatening to do this for awhile. Bradley has refused to let me do it though. However I ignored this and found this adorable beer maid dress for $3 all of which went to charity. I rule. The best part was Olympia really didn't seem to care she was in a dress















Current read:  The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaimen













This book was a surprise!  I am an avid reader and I will consume books very quickly.  My work started a book club with the students and although I have yet to attend the book club meetings I have read all the books.  This is their current read and I knew nothing about it when I picked it up and was happily surprised.  It is about a boy who is raised by ghosts in a graveyard and is full of these wonderful illustrations by Dave McKean.  The author also wrote Coraline so if you liked that book/movie you will probably like the Graveyard Book.  It is really dark and sweet.


















My Husband.  I love him and he is so funny.
IMG_1843
He took the day off yesterday from work and drove to Denver  by himself to go to this restaurant called Casa Bonita.  If you are from here (or watch South Park) Casa Bonita is this infamous mexican restaurant that is designed for kids.  There are caves to crawl though, cliff divers, puppet shows and insanely bad food.  If you grew up in Colorado you have fond memories of it as a kid.  He brought me back a sopapilla and a pinata when he picked me up from work.

little pinata


Shoes... and getting amazing deals on shoes
I found these at Kohl's last Friday on sale from $62 to $42. I knew I had a coupon at home (I am a big coupon user/nerd) so i thought I would come back the next day. However when I found the coupon I realized that it was expired and required me to use my Discover card and I am not currently using any credit cards since they are all evil. So I looked online, found them even cheaper and Kohl's online was offering 99 cent shipping. So ultimately I got the shoes for $31. F ya!  www.retialmenot.com is an amazing site to find online coupons. I am looking forward to wearing them with this cute dress I ordered from Urban Outfitters



No comments:

Post a Comment